Bonnie Wright Travels to Senegal, NPR Ranks Harry Potter, The Port Key
Video of the Week is a wonderful piano solo by Jarrod Radnich of the Piano Guys of the Harry Potter theme song.
- Harry Potter fans settle the debate on the genetics of wizards.
- Bonnie Wright, who played Ginny Weasley in the Harry Potter film series, traveled to Senegal to raise awareness of the food crisis. And, she shared her experience with Marie Clarie UK, saying "When I arrived in Senegal it was hard to see that this was a country where thousands of people are suffering from extreme hunger."
- NPR ranked our favorite 100 best teen novels and guess what was number #1? Only the boy who lived! The Hunger Games and To Kill A Mockingbird came in second and third place.
- The famous tv series, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air starring Will Smith, recently replaced the Harry Potter series as the most popular entertainment for Guantánamo Bay prisoners. There isn't a definite reason stating why; only speculation that because the series is over, demand has lessened.
- Internet sources are reporting that the sexually explicit 50 Shades of Grey series has outsold Harry Potter in the U.K. What are your thoughts the most scintillating fiction today outselling the boy wizard?
- Emma Watson, who played Hermione Granger, will be in the new film, Perks of Being a Wallflower, based off the book. And, in an interview with Entertainment Weekly, she revealed that the film helped her transition out of Harry Potter.
- Harry Potter as a US teen drama? It was a possibility said David Yates, when he first bought the rights to the series.